Monday, May 9, 2011

sunshine days

hey all!  hope monday is being nice to you.  feeling pretty good after checking some things off my list of to-dos.  also - the sunshine the last few days has been so fantastic.  i think the nice weather has definitely lifted my spirits.  spring may have finally arrived in michigan - and we michiganders are loving it.  everyone's outside, cleaning cars, planting flowers, walking, biking, bbq-ing...

on saturday, k and i went to plymouth's green street fair.  lot of vendors selling or promoting green, eco-friendly, and/or organic goods.  pretty fun.  we didn't buy anything (other than chicken fingers and corn dogs), but just walking outside in the sunshine, chatting with a dear friend was wonderful. 

mother's day was spent at my mom's.  we all spent the day working in my mom's yard - raking leaves, picking up sticks, moving bushes.  again, great to be outside, getting my hands dirty with the fam. 

here's what i was up to a little earlier today:

planted some flowers

cleaned off my super-cute adirondack chairs

filled the bird feeder hanging on this tree - only a few weeks ago the limbs were bare

off to start dinner... maybe we'll eat outside in our freshly cleaned yellow chairs... probably safe to say that spring is definitely here.

2 comments:

Anne Smith said...

those chairs are super cute - just like you! can't wait to see more of your super cute art. love you.

K said...

Love the pictures!! This has been a Super Michele Week for me, and I'm loving it! :) I seriously have thought at least 3 times already today about how fun it would be to build a fantasy diorama with you. We MUST.